Each Department Council is made up of seven professors, three students, two academic members, one administrative and one technical member, who elect a Dean as the Chairperson.
The Department Council addresses matters of fundamental importance for the Department, for example:
- Enacting examination and study regulations
- Proposing the introduction and discontinuation of study programs
- Voting on research projects
- Specifying the structural plan
- Making decisions about appointments
- Making proposals for the acquisition of new technical equipment